7 Reasons to grow your own Organic vegetable garden
During the last decades there has been a change towards mechanization and homogenization of farming, which uses pesticides, additives, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers and mass-production techniques. All this is clearly affecting mankind’s health, and new diseases are spreading rapidly amongst humans and animals (bird’s flu being the most recent one).
The World Health Organization produces reports to show how the use of chemicals and other products on food, coupled with the manufacturing processes involved, are actually a threat for our health. Consumption of fruits, vegetables and crops grown out of modern agricultural methods is the reason for the a number of incurable ailments that have arisen from nowhere and have endangered the human civilisation.
If you have space for a few pots or even a small piece of land, it is a wise decision to grow your own organic vegetable garden more appropriately you may call it a kitchen garden that may also help you create a green cover. Today I’m presenting you with seven reasons for doing this:
1. You will have no additives in your vegetables. Research by organic food associations has shown that additives in our food can cause heart diseases, osteoporosis, migraines and hyperacidity. Presence of steroids can also lead to increase in weight and cause obesity.
2. There will be no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers used. These chemical products are applied to obtain crops all the time regardless of plagues or weather conditions, and affect the quality of the vegetables. Besides, pesticides are usually poisonous to humans and affect the quality of the soil. Pesticide residues in our vegetables and fruits can lead to several life threatening diseases including Cancer..
3. Your vegetables will not be genetically modified (GM). Antibiotics, drugs and hormones are used on vegetables to grow more and larger ones. One of the consequences of this practice is the appearance of the vegetables which look all the same and are usually tasteless. Besides, we end up consuming the hormones that have been used on the vegetables, with the potential risks for our health.
4. Eating your own organic vegetables will be a much more healthy option for you. They will not contain any of the products or chemicals named above, and they will be much more natural than any ones you would find at the supermarket. Your health will not be at risk because you will then know that nothing has been added to your vegetables.
5. Your own organic vegetables will be more tasty. The use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics make vegetables grow unnaturally and takes the taste away from them. With organic vegetables, your cooking will be enhanced as their flavour will show fully.
6. Organic farming is friendly to the environment. Because you won’t use pesticides or other equally harming products on your vegetables, you will not damage the soil or the air with the chemical components. Further the pollution of water bodies and cause of algal growth in drinking water bodies is completely prevented
7. When you grow your own organic vegetables you are contributing to your own self-sustainability and the sustainability of the planet. Small communities have been founded where members exchange products that they grow naturally, thus contributing to create a friendly and better place for us all.
In the end, eating organic products only means that we do not add anything else to them than they would naturally have. As you can guess, additives, fertilizers, pesticides or hormones are not components of naturally grown food. To get better care for your health, grow your own organic vegetables -and a few pots is all you need and understanding the method for composting of biological waste or Kitchen waste in your backyard or balcony